Monday, May 23, 2011

What has the world come to?

I bought a Nook color several months ago and love the electronic reading thing.  To save some money recently, I borrowed a paperback copy of a book I wanted to read, and got about 13 pages into the book before I bit the bullet and bought it for my Nook.  Someone heard this and said, "What has the world come to?  You can't read a real book anymore?"  This sparked a discussion of how everything we do these days involves something that has to be charged or requires electricity.  Even a manual typewriter has to be plugged in, since there are few old fashioned typewriters out there anymore.

Just an e-reader FYI to Yankees fans: If you have an e-reader, leave it at home before going to the stadium.  While not specifically banned on their website, management has deemed all Nooks, Kindles, I-pads, tablets and other e-reader devices to be laptops and therefore forbidden.  Management told us that they are "potential trigger devices", which made no sense to at all, since cell phones can be programmed to do almost everything.  And they are allowed in all stadiums.  What has the world come to?

I am currently reading A Gathering of Crows by Brian Keene.  I've already read the three books in the Ghost Road Blues series, Ghoul, Dark Hollow and its sequel. Give me a shout what you think of your e-books!  I am always looking for something new and intriguing!

Peace to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment